Those children who get admission in high end private schools surely never needed subsidy either for mid day meal or for tuition fees. Culture of heavy donations for admissions is no secret any more.
• Has the burden of education cess been effective?
• Has your maid's child been getting regular midday meal and books from Govt School?
• Has education cess not been an avoidable burden?
• Has the utilization of education cess been satisfactory?
• Has the number of school going children increased?
• Has the interest rate on education been eased?
• Has the Govt ever given a “package” to deserving students?
• Has there been any visible improvement in education system since 2004?
Unfortunately, there seems to be very little accountability in usage of funds and implementation of the much burdensome scheme. Two important ministries, Finance and HRD have varying explanation and varying figures.
Is it too premature to term it as a scam?
Let us CHANGE INDIA for INDIA OF TOMORROW.
B k chowla ©